Thread: 3GS turns on to itunes screen with charger, no life unplugged...helps - iphone hardware problem

Thumbs up 3GS turns on to itunes screen with charger, no life unplugged...helps - iphone hardware problem

I have being given an Iphne 3gs to repair...Water damage.

I have cleaned the board and changed the lower dock port. When I now plug into mains charger, the iphone powers onto the connect to itunes screen, there is a delay of approx 6 seconds before it displays the apple logo first.

If I unplug, it goes off straight away, I have changed battery to a charged one.

When connected to pc it displays apple logo for approx 10 secs then switches off, no response from pc

Any ideas kindly..

Thumbs up 3GS turns on to itunes screen with charger, no life unplugged...helps - iphone hardware problem

Quote:

G1mobile repair [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I have being given an Iphne 3gs to repair...Water damage.

I have cleaned the board and changed the lower dock port. When I now plug into mains charger, the iphone powers onto the connect to itunes screen, there is a delay of approx 6 seconds before it displays the apple logo first.

If I unplug, it goes off straight away, I have changed battery to a charged one.

When connected to pc it displays apple logo for approx 10 secs then switches off, no response from pc

Any ideas kindly..
    Jump green fuse.

You see 2 vibrator pads on board you look other side there is green fuse.

Dont ask why,how or where jump it and try Along with battery.

I understand about the fuse, I have .4 ohms across it, still jump?

Quote:

I understand about the fuse, I have .4 ohms across it, still jump?
    Yes jump,it must show 0.02 ohm.

Quote:

Wites [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Yes jump,it must show 0.02 ohm.
    doing this now, will get back

done but still the same, powers on Along with charger after approx 6 sec delay to apple log then to itunes activation screen, if I press the info logo, it says unknown imei and no signal Along with sim inserted.

If I plug into pc, just shows apple logo for 8 secs then restarts

Quote:

done but still the same, powers on Along with charger after approx 6 sec delay to apple log then to itunes activation screen, if I press the info logo, it says unknown imei and no signal Along with sim inserted.

If I plug into pc, just shows apple logo for 8 secs then restarts
    Is something heating?

Quote:

Wites [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Is something heating?
    Nothing heating at all, should I give the board a reflow?

gave board 160 under heat and 185 ontop and moved it around lamp, lots of steam but now will not turn on at all??

Quote:

gave board 160 under heat and 185 ontop and moved it around lamp, lots of steam but now will not turn on at all??
    Oh my gosh why you heat?

I think you killed it completely.

yes....AMEN! Does the board have any bolbs on the backside now? contact me, i try to to be helped you, this is very hard now....

no blobs not on any side

I assumed the temps were acceptable for a short period? Oooops